Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile Review

A good security solution that offers excellent integrations but is a bit expensive for the market

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of the solution is to secure our mobile devices. The company hosts our mobile devices and needs to secure them because they hold our emails and part of our data.

How has it helped my organization?

Of course, every new security control adds up to the whole cyber-security framework of our organization in a way that we manage our risks more easier and faster.

What is most valuable?

The patch management alerts are the most valuable. Whenever they have one, I get a notification. I can then handle the upgrades or updates.

Integration is good. You can integrate them with an off-brand endpoint solution. It has quite a few integration features you can use. It offers good scalability as well.

What needs improvement?

I've only spent a year with it. I'm still quite new to the solution. I'm not fully aware of all of its features. we lack local training to be much aware of proper administration & management of the product.

The product price is too expensive relatively to the Egyptian market here. Other competitors here in the local market offer more benefit than Symantec, I recommend if they need can be more competitive specially cost-wise.

I've been using the solution for less than a year.

The scalability is very good, especially with the integrations that they have with the other products like Office 365, the DLP, etc. Right now, we have less than 100 users.

Technical support is okay. On a scale of one to five, I would give it a three. I haven't experienced that many issues with them. As far as the problems that we've had or the challenges that we've faced it's quite good.

The solution is a cloud setup, so it's both simple and complex at the same time. You only need one person for maintenance.

The solution is subscription-based.

We did evaluate other options. We looked at Cisco, Trend Micro, and McAfee. We didn't evaluate in the sense of making a proof of concept of each. We asked around and got others who have used them to provide insights.

What other advice do I have?

We are using the public cloud deployment model.

I would rate the solution seven out of ten.