Symantec Endpoint Protection Review
Symantec Anti-virus is a good AV solution. However, just make sure your computer has ample memory as it tends to consume more resources compared to other AV products out there.

Valuable Features:

Symantec Antivirus is a good anti-virus software. It has a very good scanning engine and it's user interface really looks awesome. Their live support is also very professional. There was this one time that I had an issue after an upgrade, and their tech support representative successfully resolved the issue through remote troubleshooting.Renewing subscriptions is also a breeze online or via a purchased upgrade subscription from a local shop in our city. The software came pre-installed on a laptop I bought for my dad, and installing a new key after purchasing an upgrade from a local store was just a breeze. Compared to other products like Microsoft Forefront or Kaspersky Anti-virus, Symantec Anti-virus has the better user-interface. You get a dashboard with a lot of information.

Room for Improvement:

One problem that I have with any Symantec product is the heavy consumption on resources. Though they claim that they have made inroads on this issue, their newest products still suffer from the same flaw.The problem lies in the very awesome-looking dashboard interface of the management application. There is too much information which can overwhelm basic users. As an advanced user, it simply has too much information which I could not use anyway. There are some widgets that are technically useless and just contributes to the already huge resource use of the application. Microsoft Forefront and Kaspersky Anti-virus has simpler but very usable management interfaces.I would less likely recommend this product to users who only have average RAM and CPU power. It will just eat your computer's resources and there are other products out there that can do the same job and has a less cluttered management interface.

Other Advice:

If you are a fan though of Norton before (I am) and would like to get it's latest incarnation, then this product is for loyal followers like you. Just make sure that your system can handle the extra resources required for this application.

1 Comment

it_user2877Vendor

i very much agree with the high usage of resources needed by this Product. We also need to periodically check the Hard Disc space usage it gets with its updates.

26 September 13