Symantec

Symantec Endpoint Protection Review
It's made the work environment more secure, and reduced the number of malicious malware attacks.

Valuable Features:

• Server management
  • Deployment
  • Updates

Improvements to My Organization:

It's made the work environment more secure, and reduced the number of malicious malware attacks.

Room for Improvement:

Interaction with the product admin needs work. If Symantec could add a new feature which would allow the user to be nice every time the new definitions are/are not in place. Also, for machines which have connectivity problems and cannot download the new definitions for several days, I would suggest that they include them int one report and alert the system admin about them.

Use of Solution:

I've used it for four years.

Deployment Issues:

There were no issues with the deployment.

Stability Issues:

There were issues, and they should ensure that the product updates automatically, especially in the DMZ.

Scalability Issues:

There were no issues with the scalability.

8/10

6/10

Previous Solutions:

It replaced System Center Endpoint Protection. I don't know why this was chosen, it was a corporate decision.

Initial Setup:

The initial set-up was clear, there were no issues.

Implementation Team:

We implemented it in-house.

ROI:

We have better product management.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

I am unaware of pricing.

Other Solutions Considered:

When I joined my office, they were already using this product.

Other Advice:

Ensure the connectivity between the server/agents.

1 Comment

9d8aa102 3249 4d89 a262 40d5fdc528d8 avatar?1455535506

Use to use Symantec Endpoint-moved away due to bloatware and interfering with design apps, now more fond over Panda Fusion. Endpoint Management is such a breeze!, the beauty of the product is it is cloud based, so managing my fleet is much easier from any device.

Like (1)16 February 16