Symantec

Symantec Endpoint Protection Review
It's made the work environment more secure, and reduced the number of malicious malware attacks.

Valuable Features:

• Server management
  • Deployment
  • Updates

Improvements to My Organization:

It's made the work environment more secure, and reduced the number of malicious malware attacks.

Room for Improvement:

Interaction with the product admin needs work. If Symantec could add a new feature which would allow the user to be nice every time the new definitions are/are not in place. Also, for machines which have connectivity problems and cannot download the new definitions for several days, I would suggest that they include them int one report and alert the system admin about them.

Use of Solution:

I've used it for four years.

Deployment Issues:

There were no issues with the deployment.

Stability Issues:

There were issues, and they should ensure that the product updates automatically, especially in the DMZ.

Scalability Issues:

There were no issues with the scalability.

8/10

6/10

Previous Solutions:

It replaced System Center Endpoint Protection. I don't know why this was chosen, it was a corporate decision.

Initial Setup:

The initial set-up was clear, there were no issues.

Implementation Team:

We implemented it in-house.

ROI:

We have better product management.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

I am unaware of pricing.

Other Solutions Considered:

When I joined my office, they were already using this product.

Other Advice:

Ensure the connectivity between the server/agents.

2 Comments

9d8aa102 3249 4d89 a262 40d5fdc528d8 avatar?1455535506
Darren HammondReal UserTOP 10

Use to use Symantec Endpoint-moved away due to bloatware and interfering with design apps, now more fond over Panda Fusion. Endpoint Management is such a breeze!, the beauty of the product is it is cloud based, so managing my fleet is much easier from any device.

Like (1)16 February 16
C57ce13f 806a 46b4 bdd0 b5c972ccaeda avatar
Mostafa Real UserTOP 5LEADERBOARD

Symantec Endpoint Protection is designed for maximum efficiency, enabling hardware to run faster and last longer for performance, and runs on several operating systems, including Windows, Linux and Mac OS X. The complete suite is a good fit for medium-sized businesses seeking a more comprehensive range of protection.
Symantec's Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition earns high marks from AV-TEST for protection and usability. However, this antivirus software doesn't scan email, a vulnerability in today's digital age. It might be the best choice for antivirus protection for your small business but that depends on the features and functions most important for your business and your security.
just make sure thats you are always update and you have the latest release.

Like (0)07 May 17
Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Symantec Endpoint Protection?

Our experts can help. 228,876 professionals have used our research on 5,836 solutions.