Symantec Endpoint Protection Review
Single-agent installation with wireless protection, application control, antivirus control and faster scans

What is most valuable?

It's a single-agent installation with many features including

• wireless protection
  • application control
  • antivirus control.

How has it helped my organization?

Previously scans were taking a long time, hours or even a day. But nowadays, when the product scans, the time taken is only 15 to 20 minutes for a full scan. This is the main improvement, because it no longer affects the day-to-day work of users.

What needs improvement?

There was an administrative feature, which was available in the previous version, which has been removed. We would like that feature to be added again, because it helps the customer in many ways, and it's a very user-friendly feature.

Eight-plus years.

Stability is dependent on environment. It may not always be stable, because of environment. For example, there could be an issue in some environment, but in another environment there would not be an issue.

There are no limitations.

Eight out of 10.

From the start we have been using the same product.

It was straightforward.

We were evaluating other products, but according to this product's technology and the support, in these areas we thought that Symantec would be the right product.

What other advice do I have?

One piece of advice I can give is, because in some environments it could behave properly, and in some environments it may not behave, you need to test it first, and then purchase.

I think that this product is very user-friendly. It has many technologies which can be easily accessed and available. There are many features. And there is a complete knowledge base article which is published to the public, so everyone has access to it.