Symantec Endpoint Protection Review

The centralized console is great for us because it manages all of the endpoints

How has it helped my organization?

It has made anti-virus and security management much easier. Also, it has really lowered the time required to manage all of the endpoints, resulting in higher efficiency, and a better efficiency/cost ratio. It has a really good cost-benefit.

What is most valuable?

The centralized console is great for us. It gives us one centralized console to manage all of the endpoints.

Also, it is reliable and gives us quick updates. The overall system is responsive and doesn't choke up too much when running Endpoint Protection.

What needs improvement?

It would be nice to be able to manage the endpoints a bit further. A valuable attribute would be the management of software inventory, software deployment, and third-party software deployment. I would like to see the ability to deploy and delete unlicensed software. Many users try to install what they shouldn't, so that would be really useful.

What would be really great would be to have the ability t manage those applications that you don't need to install to run. Those are a nightmare for companies, for mine as well. Applications like BitTorrent and unsupported browsers, all of those. Even with decreased user privileges, they are still able to run, so that's a big area to focus on in the future.

The stability is great. I have no issues.

Its scalability is great, no question.

I have dealt with technical support twice. One was related to an install issue, and that was quickly resolved. It was an old operating system. In one night it was fixed with no issues. They have good support overall.

Previously we were using McAfee, and we switched to Symantec for ease of operation and stability. This solution has much better performance than McAfee.

My most important criteria when selecting a vendor are price and performance.

Other vendors that we evaluated were Kaspersky and McAfee.

What other advice do I have?

If someone else is researching this type of solution, I would say go for it and try this solution because overall, it is one of the best, if not the best product on the market. It's really great, especially for mid-sized companies. It really cuts down the management.

I would rate this solution a nine because of the support and the quality of the product.