Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) Review

It's made the work environment more secure, and reduced the number of malicious malware attacks.

Valuable Features

• Server management
  • Deployment
  • Updates

Improvements to My Organization

Room for Improvement

Interaction with the product admin needs work. If Symantec could add a new feature which would allow the user to be nice every time the new definitions are/are not in place. Also, for machines which have connectivity problems and cannot download the new definitions for several days, I would suggest that they include them int one report and alert the system admin about them.

Use of Solution

I've used it for four years.

There were no issues with the deployment.

There were issues, and they should ensure that the product updates automatically, especially in the DMZ.

There were no issues with the scalability.

8/10

6/10

It replaced System Center Endpoint Protection. I don't know why this was chosen, it was a corporate decision.

The initial set-up was clear, there were no issues.

Implementation Team

We implemented it in-house.

ROI

We have better product management.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

I am unaware of pricing.

Other Solutions Considered

When I joined my office, they were already using this product.

Other Advice

Ensure the connectivity between the server/agents.

2 Comments
ICT Manager at a engineering company with 51-200 employeesReal UserTOP 20

Use to use Symantec Endpoint-moved away due to bloatware and interfering with design apps, now more fond over Panda Fusion. Endpoint Management is such a breeze!, the beauty of the product is it is cloud based, so managing my fleet is much easier from any device.

16 February 16
Mostafa Real UserTOP 20

Symantec Endpoint Protection is designed for maximum efficiency, enabling hardware to run faster and last longer for performance, and runs on several operating systems, including Windows, Linux and Mac OS X. The complete suite is a good fit for medium-sized businesses seeking a more comprehensive range of protection.
Symantec's Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition earns high marks from AV-TEST for protection and usability. However, this antivirus software doesn't scan email, a vulnerability in today's digital age. It might be the best choice for antivirus protection for your small business but that depends on the features and functions most important for your business and your security.
just make sure thats you are always update and you have the latest release.

07 May 17