Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) Review

Provides endpoint security for all client machines protecting them from malware or ransom attacks

What is our primary use case?

SEPM is a product for anti-virus security. It provides endpoint security for all client machines. It protects the client machines from malware or ransom attacks.

What is most valuable?

• Support
  • Scalability
  • Flexibility

How has it helped my organization?

It keeps our machines up-to-date with the definitions of the current zero day attacks, which happens in real-time scenarios. It protects our data and the clients' data, which can be secured by using this product.

What needs improvement?

I am happy to say that the Symantec comes into the picture where the issues are reported from the product, it might be a product bug or it might be a product defect. The product engineer works on this and the latest upgrade has it built into the peer cost, where we can upgrade our involvement and support our clients again.

So, we were having a problem in Version 14, where the client machines used to go into the health state and once it restarted, and never came back again. But as far as one of the defaults, this was reported and not an issue in new versions of Symantec 14 and SEMP 2. Apparently, this is works well for now, and we are happy with this.

More than five years.

It is a stable product.

The scalability of the product is good to where it has had the effect of increasing the workload by adding more machines, so I should have a good scaled back-up for this supporting both lines.

I would rate them a 10 out of 10. They supply good support and have a good knowledge.

We did have a previous solution. They are all equal in giving the definitions on a timely routine, but the bandwidth extent was an issue for me. This is why we changed to Symantec.

Everything was straightforward. Nothing was complex. The installation was very user-friendly, where the engineer from Symantec had helped us to migrate this product from the older version to the newer version of Symantec.

What we have paid for this product is good value for the work and the services that they are providing to us.

We were going through the multiple products out on the market and we chose Symantec, because we had proposed multiple products to the client and the client had chosen Symantec for these two perspectives: One is for the best service and support, which Symantec provides, and the other is the pricing, which was a constraint for our client.

What other advice do I have?

If you have a good involvement and maybe your clients are not connected to a domain, you can use this product. This is one advantage of this product, where you can use the product for protecting your machines.

You need to keep track of the definitions and releases on a daily basis. This is one of the disadvantages.