Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) Review

The most valuable feature is that the product works on Linux and Microsoft Windows.

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case for this is protecting the end user against cyber attacks. It is a simple product that is easily implemented on all of our hosts and servers.  It is especially helpful on our exchange server.

How has it helped my organization?

The Symantec product helps us protect ourselves against the Trojan horse. It reduces risk. As a financial institution, we are constantly at risk of attack.

What is most valuable?

I find the most valuable feature is that the product works on Linux and Microsoft Windows.  I think it is one of the best solutions to implement or host IPs.

What needs improvement?

In the future, I think there should be a sandboxing feature. Some of the most used endpoint protection does not include sandboxing. We cannot rely on URL filtering or IP repetition. Sometimes attacks can pass through the firewall.

In addition, this product must be compatible with a VMware environment. Because most of our server has VMware. It seems that its not working very well with VMware.

Finally, they need to do some effort to make it a little bit sly. They have to make some improvement in order to not make the computer slow during all of the backend scanning.

More than five years.

It is a product that is simple and is working fine.

It is scalable because it is easy to use and it is fond of multiple features, using the management console.

I am not directly involved with the support team, one of my colleagues handles this communication.

The initial setup was very easy. It took about 2-3 minutes to be up and start downloading all updates on the PC's. You don't have to do anything more because it has an ability to work on Linux and Microsoft Windows products also.

The most important criteria for us is the price and the licensing.

Our company used Norton Anti-Virus previously.  But, I was not at the company during that time.