Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) Review

Secures the desktops and laptops at our university

What is our primary use case?

I have used various types of anti-virus software but I have fallen in love Symantec Endpoint Protection as it eliminated all the problems I used to have.

At the University of Zimbabwe, it is now the only antivirus that is used by both students and staff after careful consideration by the University IT department. It provides end-to-end protection for computers and laptops.

How has it helped my organization?

1. Ever since we started using the app, we no longer have problem computers being constantly frozen-up because of viruses.
  2. We had spent a long time fighting the Shortcut virus that was spreading around the campus but it was eliminated after we started using this solution.

What is most valuable?

The most amazing qualities of Symantec Endpoint Protection is that it provides a total solution to all virus problems. I am an accounts person but ever since I started using this software I no longer have any problems with viruses.

What needs improvement?

It is only available to use on computers with higher-end specs.

I think the software should be compatible with all versions of all computers, even earlier models. This would allow all clients to be included, which is important for those who cannot afford to buy the latest computers.

I have been using this solution for three years.