Symantec Identity Governance and Administration Review

A stable and scalable solution with useful features such as self-registration, self-service password management, and role modeling

What is our primary use case?

We offer solutions to financial and government institutions. Symantec Identity Governance and Administration is a part of our security solutions. We use it to create users and assign them privileges.

What is most valuable?

Self-registration and self-service password management are valuable features. The role modeling feature is also very useful. It allows you to model your enterprise role.

What needs improvement?

They provide a framework to develop your own connectors. A connector is a piece of software that integrates with the solutions that are not a part of the support matrix. Currently, it is difficult to create these connectors in this solution. Other solutions, such as NetIQ Identity, provide a better way to create your own connector.

Currently, there is no cloud version. It should have a full cloud version.

I have been using this solution for about seven years.

It is very stable. There are no issues.

It is easy to code into this solution. You just have to run a setup configuration and, in a few minutes, you have two services. In terms of the number of users, we have around 10,000 users.

When I started working with this solution, I had some issues, and they helped me a lot. I don't have any issues with their technical support.

Its latest version is very easy to set up. The deployment takes around one hour, and after that, you have to do some configurations. The duration for that depends on how many systems you have. It can take one or two months.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. It is a great solution. I like this solution, and that's why I have been using it for seven years. I would advise others to do proper role modeling before implementing this solution. Role modeling is really important for any identity management solution.

I would rate Symantec Identity Governance and Administration a nine out of ten.

More Symantec Identity Governance and Administration reviews from users
...who compared it with NetIQ Identity Governance
Find out what your peers are saying about Broadcom, SailPoint, ForgeRock and others in Identity Management (IM). Updated: July 2021.
523,230 professionals have used our research since 2012.