What is most valuable?
- The xPress technologies (connector xPress/Policy xPress/Config xPress)
- Integration with API Management and other CA solutions
- Facility to publish the web services of any task of Identity Manager
- Ease of integration to leverage authentication processes managed by Identity Manager and called by external applications
- You do not depend on the supplier to change screens and validate field, create notifications, etc.
- True integration between CA Identity Manager and CA Identity Governance for better use of compliance approved roles, data exchange and improved customer experience
- Availability to implement in the cloud
- Take advantage of important features of Identity Manager and Identity Governance on the Portar offered by Identity Suite (best user experience) and less technicall knowlegde need
What about Identity Governance and integration with Identity Manager?
This solution makes a seamless integration, leveraging the power of Identity Manager connectors it import the data obtained to Identity Governance; in the opposite direction, the results campaigns from Governance have the ability to update in automatic way the information in Identity Manager, enabling materialization of privileges changes and fulfilling a RBAC model (It is the business strategy to the lowest level of privileges in applications)
Through the implementation of "Identity Suite Virtual Appliance" have created a supremely quick and convenient way to install (Identity Manager / Governance / Portal) with even high availability. Multiple scenarios available on a single console.
How has it helped my organization?
It has increased our automation and maintenance of SLA security functions. Additional compliance of all activity relate to provisioning, self-service, and all critical transaction of security management.
What needs improvement?
- Security information
- Human resource onboarding/offboarding processes
- All areas in organization that required account functionality in applications of the company
For how long have I used the solution?
We've been implementing it since 2007, so around seven years.
What was my experience with deployment of the solution?
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
How are customer service and technical support?
8/10. Technical Support
When you open a ticket with priority one, the technical support is excellent - 10/10. However, when the ticket is priority two, three, or four, then it's 7/10.
Did not user previous. But I helped move from a different solution to CA
Identity Manager. Why the change? Because the previous solutions was nor
flexible and was high cost value to adapt.
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
I did not use the previous solution, however I did assist in the move from it. We changed because the previous solution was not flexible and it had a high cost value to adapt.
How was the initial setup?
The initial setup is not complex. You only need define the right architecture and work on it.
What about the implementation team?
What other advice do I have?
If you analyze the evolution of these type of solutions, there are still uncovered needs and the customers are still identifying needs. The important thing here is the adaptability to integrate and deal with new technologies. The solution integrates with solutions like CA API Management/SSO and others.
Find someone with experience implementing this type of solutions to ensure the success of its implementation.
Which version of this solution are you currently using?
12.6 SP5 /06 / 08 / 14.0
Find out what your peers are saying about Broadcom, SailPoint, ForgeRock and others in Identity Management (IM). Updated: February 2021.
464,594 professionals have used our research since 2012.