Symantec Identity Governance and Administration Review

We have streamlined the identity management process.

What is most valuable?

We take identity management seriously and CA IDM is helping us to accomplish that goal.

We have streamlined the identity management process, but we are not completely utilizing all the features of CA IDM. This product is a milestone/cornerstone for us to accomplish our identity management goals.

How has it helped my organization?

We have been making strides in that area, but we still have more improvements to do. We are not there yet, but we hope to be there soon.

What needs improvement?

An improvement that we would like to see in a later version is taking it to the cloud. We have it on-premise and we foresee a lot of scalability challenges so taking it to the cloud might be a very good option for us.

This solution is very stable. I have no problems in that aspect.

We have not yet tried to scale this product.

We do use CA technical support. They are extremely professional and very skilled at what they do. I would give them a rating of 7/10.

We were not using any other solution prior to this one.

This was our go-to-solution from the outset. CA was a part of our solution always.

I was personally not involved in the initial setup. After it had been completely set-up, we took over the operations from another company. From what I have heard, it was quite straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise to do a lot of analysis before you get in because the product itself has a lot of capabilities. However, understanding and making sure that all these capabilities are captured, is very important for implementation.

The first criteria while selecting a vendor was how much support we could get from the vendor. This was our primary concern because a lot of identity management software vendors provided the same solution but the level of support was very important for us. The second criteria is what niche capability the product brings in and how it stands out from the competition.

To use this tool to its fullest capability is our problem. The process is not there yet to completely utilize this solution.

More Symantec Identity Governance and Administration reviews from users