Symantec Norton 360 [EOL] Review

Trustworthy anti-virus program

Valuable Features:

- Inclusion of file backup and PC maintenance capabilities. - Effective protection from online threats. - Automatic backup protects your important stuff from loss.

Room for Improvement:

- Norton is also notorious for their aggressive marketing tactics such as forcing people into renewing their protection by making your scans all of a sudden report infections and false positives. - Norton is not as good as they claim it will slow your RAM and CPU. - Norton uses an enormous amount of memory on your computer and slows the computer down unnecessarily.

Other Advice:

I use Norton's latest security suite version 6.0. It was released on February 15, 2012. It adds some new features to this popular all-in-one suite including parental controls and better protection and performance. It enhanced local and secure online backups. My company’s laptop and netbook users can now save battery and data charges with Power Saving and Metered Broadband modes, and it easily remembers login and other personal info while protecting against online identity theft.
2 Comments
author avatarTech Support Staff at a tech company with 1,001-5,000 employees

I have used almost every anti-virus on the face of the planet. I did not really like Norton 360. Despite keeping the program up-to-date, I still had issues with malware and viruses. Our computers were always very slow. End users always complained; so I had to get it replaced. However, its automatic backup feature is great; protecting from loss of data.

author avatarSenior Manager of Engineering with 1,001-5,000 employees

In my opinion Norton is oldschool.

It was widely used just because there wasn't any good options!

Slows down pcs, forcefully makes users renew their licence, resource hungry - the list goes on.

Why purchase Norton when most competitor Anti-Virus programmes are free?

Wissam