Symantec Privileged Access Manager Review

Great features that provide comprehensive coverage of what's required for the PAM solution

What is our primary use case?

Our clients are generally enterprise businesses, mainly in the financial sectors. We are resellers and I'm head of the security business unit.

What is most valuable?

The best features are the comprehensive coverage of the required features for the PAM solution like a credential vault, a session recording, an endpoint agent, security analytics. All those things.

What needs improvement?

I think the management console could be improved. I have just watched a demo video for the management console and I think it may need to be simplified. I haven't yet had hands-on experience with the solution so it's difficult to comment on possible additional features.

I've been using this solution for two months.

The stability looks okay.

Scalability seems to be fine.

I haven't used the support because I've relied on the documentation until now. I think there could be some improvement with that.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend that anyone thinking of using this solution carry out a proof of concept first.

I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.

More Symantec Privileged Access Manager reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Broadcom, CyberArk, BeyondTrust and others in Privileged Access Management (PAM). Updated: July 2021.
523,230 professionals have used our research since 2012.