Symantec Privileged Access Manager Review

This product is for privileged access for a jump server using a PIV card.

What is most valuable?

The product is for privileged access for a jump server using a PIV card.

How has it helped my organization?

So far, with the functionality of what we had, there has not been much improvement at this point of time. I am not able to comment at this time.

What needs improvement?

I think it works just enough because it is a mandate from the customer to have the privileged access for the administrators to manage the servers using the PIV cards. We haven't used it long enough to comment on areas for improvement.

We clearly know what the functionality is that we need from the product. I think this has been accomplished by the functionality that exists in the PAM of Xceedium.

We have been using this solution for six months.

We don't use it that often and it is only for admin users. So far, there have been no issues with stability.

There were no issues with scalability.

I would give technical support a rating of 10/10. It's a matter of a learning curve for my administrators. When they requested support, they were quick to respond. It's not really a problem. It's basically a lack of awareness of the product. It was quickly resolved talking to the technical support people.

There was not a previous solution.

We did not have any team members who were trained in Xceedium. For the setup, we got directions from the manual that was provided by the reseller.

We then went to Xceedium, which is now CA. They helped us if we had any issues from the technical point of it.

I would rate the setup as 80/20: 80% being simple and the remaining 20% needed some help from the technical folks at CA.

We did not evaluate different products. There was no choice for us. We didn't have a choice to evaluate other solutions because they mandated the use of this product.

What other advice do I have?

I think it's a good solution for anybody who is looking for a single sign-on implementation for administration of the servers.

It's a straightforward solution. It has been in the federal space for quite some time. It has been part of our TRM.

More Symantec Privileged Access Manager reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Broadcom, CyberArk, BeyondTrust and others in Privileged Access Management (PAM). Updated: July 2021.
523,230 professionals have used our research since 2012.