Symantec Privileged Access Manager Review

Some of the valuable features include session management and one step installation

What is most valuable?

• Session Management (Session Control and Recording)
  • Very good in reliability
  • Deployment Model: Available in both hardware and software appliance with one step installation only

How has it helped my organization?

Not applicable. I’m distributor of this product, not an end user.

What needs improvement?

Live session

GUI command keystroke and filtering

Session limitation

Live Session is a common feature now on PAM technology. By having this feature, an Administrator can monitor on live session about a privileged user activity, same like what we saw in CCTV. CA should add this feature on their PAM product, then they can compete with competitors.

Command keystroke and filtering on GUI session is needed to record and filter which commands allowed or not allowed privileged user work on GUI sessions, i.e., RDP Windows. By having this feature an Administrator can prevent dangerous commands when a privileged user on an RDP Session and open PowerShell or Windows Command or Database Engine CLI (MySQL, Oracle, etc.)

Session limitation is a very critical feature that cannot be addressed by CA PAM. By having this feature, only one username can allowed to login to the PAM dashboard at the same time and prevent another person to login using the same username (sharing password/username).

I have used this solution for two years.

There were no issues with stability.

There were no issues with scalability.

I would give technical support a rating of four out of five.

We did not use a solution before this one.

The initial setup was straightforward and very easy to setup.

There is a combination of user and target devices pricing/licensing. There is no point to charge on target device pricing for 1000+ target devices. I would suggest charging for user percentages.

What other advice do I have?

I’m very satisfied with the product.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are distributor of this product.
More Symantec Privileged Access Manager reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Broadcom, CyberArk, BeyondTrust and others in Privileged Access Management (PAM). Updated: August 2021.
534,226 professionals have used our research since 2012.