Symantec Privileged Access Manager Review

The solution has the capability to address hybrid eco-systems

What is most valuable?

The solution has the capability to address hybrid eco-systems, both on-premises and cloud services. Most of the high privileges now include tenant administrator credentials.

Integration with the AD RBAC model is also a great feature, as we can tie it to the central repository.

The FIPS-140-2 certification is really a nice option with every governmental response.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution allows us to ease the risks and headaches with administrators turning to our IT team.

What needs improvement?

I would like the ability to provision through a real REST API. Perhaps this could be SCIM-PAM, once it is certified.

We have used this solution for more than a year for training, PoC, and laboratory use cases.

Some rollover credentials often do not work or you need a more complex configuration.

There were no issues with scalability.

Technical support has yet to be included completely in the CA Support.

Some rollover scenarios can complex to achieve.

We evaluated Sudo-AD and CyberArk.

What other advice do I have?

Have a good view of their role model and critical assets.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are a technological partner for reselling.
More Symantec Privileged Access Manager reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Broadcom, CyberArk, BeyondTrust and others in Privileged Access Management (PAM). Updated: August 2021.
534,226 professionals have used our research since 2012.