Symantec Privileged Access Manager Review

It meets with the objective of password vault with controlled access to the systems

What is most valuable?

The password vault and access to the systems are the most valuable features. It meets with the objective of password vault with controlled access to systems.

How has it helped my organization?

There are no improvements as it never went live.

What needs improvement?

It lacks good logging capabilities and the reports are not customized. Also, there are security issues with the 'super' account.

I have tried to implement it for almost two years.

There were no stability issues experienced, but we never went live.

There were no scalability issues experienced, but we never went live.

Technical support is average. They took a long time to provide good answers, only recommended to upgrade SW version which in some environments is not an option and they don’t even know if that will fix the problem.

We were not using any other product before, although now we have changed to another cheaper solution.

The setup was not simple, design took a lot of time, and we had a consultant from CA.

It’s not a cheap solution. The increasing number of licenses are also expensive.

What other advice do I have?

There are other cheaper solutions available in the market.

More Symantec Privileged Access Manager reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Broadcom, CyberArk, BeyondTrust and others in Privileged Access Management (PAM). Updated: August 2021.
534,226 professionals have used our research since 2012.