Symantec Proxy Review

Stable, with good caching for better performance and web isolation

What is our primary use case?

We are resellers and we implement this solution for our clients.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the caching. It's very important for the performance and the web isolation.

What needs improvement?

There are performance issues with all of the proxies. In the middle of the project, it will cause some delay. It will disconnect theĀ internet connection. Many clients have complained about it.

We are usually using the latest version. When on-site, we always update to the latest version.

It's a stable solution. It's better than the others.

It's not easy to scale this solution. You need to change the model if you want to scale unless you are using the cloud. Everything in the cloud is easy.

It is difficult to scale an on-premises deployment because you need to change the device.

The initial setup is not easy, you need experience. It's not like other products that are straightforward, this one has an advanced population.

It can take three to four days to deploy, but it depends on the site and the customer's requirements.

It's expensive. Clients often go to other products.

What other advice do I have?

For the future, when sizing, do it for the next five years if it is on-premises so that you won't have to change the device.

You will also need the redundancy backup device, this is very important.

It's a good product.

I would rate Symantec Proxy an eight out of ten.

More Symantec Proxy reviews from users
...who compared it with Blue Coat ProxySG [EOL]
Find out what your peers are saying about Broadcom, F5, Allot and others in WAN Optimization. Updated: July 2021.
523,431 professionals have used our research since 2012.