Symantec Secure App Service Review

Keeps our machines up-to-date with the definitions of the current Zero-day attacks

What is our primary use case?

It is a product for anti-virus security. It provides endpoint security for clients' machines.

How has it helped my organization?

It keeps our machines up-to-date with the definitions of the current Zero-day attacks, which happen in the real-time scenarios. It protects our data and our clients' data.

What is most valuable?

It protects machines from malware attacks and ransom attacks.

What needs improvement?

There was a problem with in version 14, where the client machines used to "hang."

I am happy to say that Symantec comes into the picture once an issue is reported. It might be a product bug or it might be a product defect. The product engineer works on it and the latest upgrade is made available free of cost.

More than five years.

It is a stable product.

We haven't really had any issues. The scalability of the product is good. It has the flexibility of increasing the workload by adding more machines, so I believe we have a good back-up and disk space available for supporting that number of clients.

They are 10 out of 10. They supply good support and they have good knowledge.

Everything was straightforward. Nothing was complex. The solution was very user-friendly, where the engineer from Symantec helped us to migrate this product from the older version to the newer of Symantec.

What we paid for this is good value for the work and the services they're providing to us.

We went through multiple products available on the market and proposed multiple products to the client. The client chose Symantec for two reasons. One was for the best service and support, which Symantec provides, and the other was the pricing, which was a constraint for our client.

What other advice do I have?

On the positive side, if you have a good environment, where your clients are not connected to domain, you can use this product. This is one advantage of this product, where you can use it for protecting your machines. The disadvantage is you need to keep track of the definition release on a daily basis.

I would rate this product a nine out of 10, because of the service which we receive from Symantec, the support; and because of the product's scalability and flexibility. What is provided is good.