Symantec Siteminder Review

It enables security and single sign-on to applications deployed on thick clients, web based applications, and ERP systems.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features for us are:

• Access management
  • Role-based authorization
  • Identity provisioning
  • Identity federation

How has it helped my organization?

The product greatly facilitates a centralized identity and access management system. It provides seamless navigation across different applications in addition to enabling the flexibility to personalize contents based on user attributes without additional requests.

It easily integrates with third-party service providers by enabling federation gateway capabilities.

What needs improvement?

There is a considerable improvement in the product from previous versions, but a few items we feel need a little attention are the web agent installation process and steps – as it behaves differently on the same OS.

Improvements are also needed in the password policy template customization and it's missing the required documentation to do it.

The knowledge base needs to be enhanced as there are very limited resources on the web while debugging issues.

Avaya has used SiteMinder 12.5s2 and IdentityMinder for eight years. We also use the following products -

CA Secure Proxy Server – 12.52

GovernanceMinder 12.6 – New to Avaya; in initial deployment
PIM R12.8 New to Avaya; in initial deployment

CA Single Sign-On – No issues encountered during deployment.

CA Identity Manager – No issues encountered during deployment.

CA Privileged Identity Manager – Few issues encountered during deployment, mainly related to resolution of DNS entries for Active Directory.

So far no issues encountered with stability.

So far no issues encountered with stability.

It's very good.

It's very good.

No previous solution was used.

It was a mix of internal Avaya and an IdmLogic team.

CA Single Sign-On was deployed by an internal Avaya team and CA Identity Manager was deployed by the IDMLogic team.

A CA team was instrumental in deploying CA Privileged Management solution.

CA and IDM Logic have very good expertise in implementation of these products.

No other options were evaluated, it's just upgrades.

What other advice do I have?

Have a significant knowledge of the applications transitioning, as it requires interfacing with these products to ensure proper adoption. Have a roadmap to integrate identity and access management into your organization.

More Symantec Siteminder reviews from users