Symantec Siteminder Review

Good SSO functionality with what appears to be a simple setup and deployment

What is our primary use case?

We primarily want to use the solution to implement our SSO, Single Sign-On solution.

What is most valuable?

The single sign-on is the solution's most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

Since we're in the early stages of examining the solution, it's hard to predict what might be lacking.

We're currently unable to find information about if the solution can do a full implementation with SQL. Some better and more accessible documentation for new users or those curious about the product would be helpful.

We want to implement a simple application. Currently, from what we're finding, we're not sure if it would work the way we need it to.

The solution is quite new to us and I only really started looking at it about two or three weeks ago. We're in the testing phase.

We've never contacted technical support.

For a long time, we used SiteMinder, We're currently looking into what might be a better solution for SSO. That's why we're currently evaluating CA SSO. We'd been using the previous solution for two or three years but it hasn't been able to provide us with what we needed. Currently, we're trying to implement CA on servers for IPMP.

The initial setup seems straightforward, but we're curious about the aspect of SSO for SQL servers. We're also investigating from the net side to see what requirements are needed. We haven't implemented or deployed it yet.

We have our own in-house team that will handle the implementation.

What other advice do I have?

I'm an implementor, so I help clients implement the solution for their companies.

We're still in the process of testing the solution. We're currently not providing services on it as we are still in the testing phase.

So far, with a simple implementation of the SSO, I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Implementer
More Symantec Siteminder reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Broadcom, IBM, Auth0 and others in Single Sign-On (SSO). Updated: June 2021.
510,204 professionals have used our research since 2012.