Symantec VIP Access Manager Review
Enables VPN connections.

What is most valuable?

It is a fast and easy solution for end users. You are always online.

How has it helped my organization?

We were using two-factor authentication via SMS previous to this solution. Sometimes SMSs were not received and users could not make a VPN connection. With this tool, it is now enough to just press the approve button.

What needs improvement?

There are some shortcomings on the reporting side, such as how many connections you can get per month.

We started to use it in IT first. We tested it for one month. Later on, we moved all domain VPN users and consultant companies. We have used it for ten months since then.

There have not been any stability issues yet. Especially with the consultant firms' VPN connections, in which connection approval is done by us and we record their screen.

There have not been any scalability issues.

You don’t need any technical support. After the first time installation, the gateway solution is enough. After that, you just install the client app on your mobile device.

We used the SMS solution, but it always had problems. Every SMS sent costs money.

The gateway server is easy to install and communicate with. You just install it and download the software to your mobile device. The number received from the mobile device is also secured.

Symantec has always been an open-minded company. If you tell them what your budget is, it will be that number.

We have used the FortiGate SMS solution.

What other advice do I have?

If you use a different product like this, your users will definitely see the difference. If this is the first time using such an application, the end user may have some resistance. The necessity of the product is indispensable and it is a really a simple application.