Symantec VIP Access Manager Review

Good interface and the VPN works well

What is most valuable?

Some of the features that are the most valuable are both the VPN and the interface.

The VPN we are using is good and working quite well. We are in the process of using all of the server access with cloud access.

What needs improvement?

The reporting on the VIP Manager is not correct. The error is showing that we have a certain amount of users, but when we export the report to Excel or CSV, the number of users is different. The challenge we are facing at the moment is not knowing which one is correct.

If they had dashboards or a report for managers or executives, then it would allow them to see the status and have it make sense to them. They can also see the value of this solution.

I have been using this solution for approximately four years.

This solution is stable. Everything is very stable.

This solution is scalable. We have approximately 7,000 licenses at the moment.

The technical support is good, but we have Business Critical as well. If it takes longer than two or three days to resolve an issue, we contact Business Critical.

Overall, we are satisfied with the technical support.

The initial setup was straightforward. It was not complex.

The deployment model that we are using is on-premises.

What other advice do I have?

I am a consultant for Symantec on-site.

Before getting started with this solution, have a successful business process in place, or get something in place as soon as possible.

I like the whole solution, and I would recommend it.

I would rate it a ten out of ten.