Symantec VIP Review
The VIP manager doesn't authenticate through AD or LDAP, but overall customer satisfaction has increased.

Valuable Features

• Ease of integration
  • End user acceptance

Improvements to My Organization

After the initial integration, the overall support calls dropped, and customer satisfaction for VPN increased.

Room for Improvement

The VIP Manager can be accessed from the outside which is a security vulnerability. The VIP manager doesn't authenticate through AD or LDAP.

Use of Solution

I've been using it for one year.

Our deployment was an eight month global, staged deployment. The issues were
related to the documentation and training and not with the products themselves.

Unless you can count an expired certificate as a stability issue, no.

We had a license for 4000 users, which we had to have increased overnight to suit our needs, and the issue was seamless.

Email support usually takes 24 hours to respond to questions, and longer for more complex issues that require additional research.

Great customer support. They usually respond within 24 hours and provide solutions to end users directly.

We previously used RSA VPN, which was outdated and expensive per seat. We also used Smartcard which had too many hand-offs and, again, was expensive.

It was straightforward. We were able to install the server and setup the portals within a day.

Implementation Team

It was done all in-house.

Other Advice

It's a very easy product to administer and has a lot of extra features, including two and three factor authorization, mobile solutions, pin-to-text, layered administration, etc.

1 visitor found this review helpful