Symantec VIP Review
Provides an easy management of credentials for the remote users when accessing the corporate resources

What is most valuable?

• Intelligent authentication - Risk-based authentication
  • Cloud-based service and management

How has it helped my organization?

It provides an easy management for credentials of the remote users when accessing the corporate resources.

There is a consolidation of a couple of Identity Providers into Symantec VIP for centralized management of credentials.

Integration with Citrix Access Gateway, Microsoft Office 365 and Single Sign-On (through Symantec Validation and ID Protection Access Manager) has increased the productivity of the employees for accessing resources.

What needs improvement?

The factors that need improvement are:

• Geofencing
  • Privileged account management
  • Behavioral authentication

I have used this solution for more than four years.

There were no stability issues experienced.

There were no scalability issues experienced.

Technical support is very good.

The setup was straightforward since this is a software-as-a-service (SaaS) solution, no hardware procurement or provisioning is required. Everything is already set up and provisioned on the Symantec data center.

There is a one-time setup fee plus the licenses are provided as per the number of users. For SMS and voice calls, the costs are separate.

What other advice do I have?

Understand your pain points and requirements, then fully understand the feature set provided by the vendor and licensing requirements.

You know your environment best and the consultants who work with the vendors know the solution best, so bring everything down to an overlap.