Symantec Web Application Firewall Review

An excellent up-to-date data repository handling external threats successfully

What is our primary use case?

We have multiple applications that we wanted to ensure were protected and we chose Symantec for that. I'm the head of IT infrastructure and we are partners with Symantec.

How has it helped my organization?

Symantec has specifically helped connect external users to our internal network. It has also enabled us to ensure that those who have permission get access to our systems. It gives us peace of mind.

What is most valuable?

I like that Symantec has an up-to-date data repository to deal with external threats. It provides us with a sense of security.

What needs improvement?

One of our issues is that sometimes scanning slows down the endpoints. The outcome of that is that we have to disable Symantec end users, troubleshoot, and then reconnect. I also believe that from the Indian market perspective, the cost of this product is an issue.

I've been using this solution for eight years.

We have a limited type of user so scalability is not so relevant and it's difficult to quantify. We have 1,500 internal users but I have no idea how many external users we have.

Our experience with technical support has been very good.

The initial setup is very straightforward.

Pricing in India will be always on the higher side, but what price do you put on security?

What other advice do I have?

I rate this product a 10 out of 10.

More Symantec Web Application Firewall reviews from users
...who compared it with F5 Advanced WAF
Find out what your peers are saying about Broadcom, Fortinet, Citrix and others in Web Application Firewall (WAF). Updated: July 2021.
523,431 professionals have used our research since 2012.