Symmetrix Remote Data Facility Review
If this had a bit better data compression, it would be the best storage vendor on the market.

Valuable Features

Most valuable features of the product are :

- Reliability

- Ease of use

- Different purposes and usability available

Improvements to My Organization

In all the companies in which I have used the product the ease of Disaster Recovery was implemented in such a manner that the Risk of a Site Disaster was mitigated in a efficient way. Furthermore it made the migrations of complete DataCenters to other (new Data Centers at other locations) a piece of cake (although the complexity of the old Data Center and Infrastructures it self made it often time consuming).

Room for Improvement

I could only think of maybe some better data compression.

Use of Solution

I have been using the product since 2001, in different companies and for different purposes.

I didn't encounter any deployment issues I can recall, and if there were any issues the vendor fixed most of them in no time!

The stability is one of the strong features of the Product, so no issues worth mentioning.

As far as scalability goes, it surpasses all other vendors as far as you ask me!

On a scale of 1 to 10 : A 10

On a scale of 1 to 10 : A 10

EMC is as far as I am concerned the only organization in which the Support organization is an essential part of the overall organization and Products !

None other companies and vendors can even get close to the level EMC delivers Technical Support if you ask me!

In some of the Companies for which I have worked they used other products, but these were not nearly as good, so often they switched to EMC and SRDF.

The initial setup is straightforward, although it expects a certain level of technical knowledge and intelligence.

Implementation Team

All Implementations were done and executed as a joint venture, which is and was the strength of the implementation.

By use of this kind of implementation the in-house team immediately got a learning on the job experience of the new versions and possibilities.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

It depends on the amount of strorage which needs to be replicated by the SRDF product.

Other Solutions Considered

No most of the Companies for which I have worked had EMC storage and the logical step is and was SRDF.