Itmwdql1 400x400

Tableau Review
It is a very powerful tool, but there is not enough control over the order in which filters and sorts are applied.

Valuable Features:

• It is very powerful
  • Flexibility

Room for Improvement:

Minor issues only. My biggest one is control over the order in which filters and sorts are applied. There is some control of this but not enough.

Use of Solution:

I've used it for seven months.

Deployment Issues:

Stability Issues:

Scalability Issues:

It's very good.

Our parent company has its own internal Tableau support team so I have had no contact with Tableau’s own technical support

Previous Solutions:

No previous solution  was used in this company, but I do have experience of Domo.

Initial Setup:

It was complex. We have a complex situation with extensive data security set up at three and a half levels across over 100 active users with most of the users not only controlled by level but also having access to very specific sets of data only.

Inevitably the setup for this in Tableau was complex. This is not a criticism of Tableau however – just the opposite, the impressive thing is that it had the flexibility to achieve it at all

Implementation Team:

I implemented it myself.

Other Advice:

Tableau is a very powerful and flexible product, it also demands some level of skill on the part of the user.  When compared with Domo for example, the end result in its standard form is more flexible, is able to put more information in a single view, and offers more user interactivity. However the other side of this coin is that in its standard form, it is much less accessible to less skilled users. We have managed to develop an interface that is as accessible as Domo, but this has been quite a complex and time-consuming task.

3 visitors found this review helpful
Jim jiang li?1424831462Anonymous avatar x30Anonymous avatar x30

2 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

I like this review because It is factual and seemingly honest.

Like (1)09 June 15
Christina durta li?1414329817

I just used Tableau Public for the first time on a community project. I don't know anything about Domo. How are the features compared to Tableau? How about cost? My main problem with using Tableau for consulting is the step price per user to view the online reports. I don't fully understand the difference between Tableau Online and Tableau Reader. Thank you.

Like (0)21 March 16
Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Tableau?

Our experts can help. 233,024 professionals have used our research on 5,881 solutions.