Tableau Review

Useful self-service tools, user-friendly, and high quality visuals

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for multiple functions internally, mainly for finance, accounting, and the operations team.

What is most valuable?

I have found many of the self-service features valuable. One tool allows anyone within the business to create their own dashboards. However, their data has to be prepared properly. Everything is user-friendly, and the visualizations are high quality and esthetically pleasing. Additionally, there is a tool that enables not just the developers, but even the end business users to create jobs for them.

What needs improvement?

The process of embedding the dashboards on external portals and websites could be improved. We also experienced challenges with integration with analytics.

In an upcoming release, if the capabilities of Tableau Prep are improvised and expanded, that would be an added advantage.

I have been using the solution for one year.

We have found the solution to be stable and reliable.

We have increased the number of users when we develop more dashboards for the new departments. We did not face challenges when we increased the number of users. We have approximately 50 users using the solution in my organization.

We are planning to increase the usage of the solution. We are doing internal training to help our employees because a lot of people do not know how to use it properly. This has caused a bit of an expansion problem.

The technical support is good.

The initial installation was straightforward. The deployment took approximately three months, this included the development of dashboards and customizations.

There is a license for this solution and we pay on an annual basis.

We did evaluate other options before we choose this solution.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to those wanting to implement the solution would be, if you are looking for ETL heavy tools, this may not be the right choice. However, if you want beautiful visualizations and getting insights from data at high speed. This would be a good solution for that focus.

I rate Tableau an eight out of ten.

2018.3
More Tableau reviews from users
...who compared it with Microsoft BI
Learn what your peers think about Tableau. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
521,637 professionals have used our research since 2012.