Itmwdql1 400x400

Tableau Review

Valuable Features:

The live connection to data and publishing are the most valuable features of Tableau. You can connect to your data almost wherever it resides in a straightforward, simple connection. Your local dashboard is only one click away from being online and shareable with other users.

Improvements to My Organization:

I have used Tableau in the last couple of companies I worked for and it helps any organization that has clients who need visualization.

It can also be very useful for internal purposes.

Room for Improvement:

I would love to see some easier ways for predictive analysis or machine learning in Tableau. The only way to do it at the moment is manually and with the integration of other tools. I’m used to everything being fast and easy in Tableau and I think that can be a significant upgrade.

Use of Solution:

I have used it for four years.

Deployment Issues:

I did not encounter any issues with deployment, stability or scalability. However, I would prefer an updating system within the tool instead of going to the website and downloading newer versions. Also, major updates are installed as a separate software on your PC, which can only be useful in some rare cases.

Technical support can sometime take a while to respond, but they are very helpful and friendly.

Previous Solutions:

I use a lot of other tools, such as QlikView, because we deal with different clients who use different tools, so we need to have expertise in the different tools provided by the market leaders.

Initial Setup:

Initial setup is very straightforward and easy. You can install the desktop version in one click with no setup needed. As for the server version, the setup is also easy for non-technical users by following some simple step-by-step guides.

Implementation Team:

I have implemented through a vendor team and in-house. Because the implementation is easy, I would advise staying up-to-date and always using the latest releases.

ROI:

ROI is strictly related to how are you using the tool. You can publish dashboards and embed them in a live website which can bring you more hits, or you can provide your users/clients access to your Tableau server, which is related to how much they are paying for that. Use your licenses wisely so they are worth the high amount you’re paying.

Other Advice:

The most important thing that people need to know is that Tableau is ONLY a visualization tool (the best in the market). Don’t confuse it with other business intelligence, big data or data analytics tools. If you want to do fast and good looking customizable and interactive visualizations on data from one or multiple sources, Tableau is your tool.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Tableau?

Our experts can help. 218,478 professionals have used our research on 5,616 solutions.