Itmwdql1 400x400

Tableau Review
We manage an immense amount of data and it helps us quickly correlate multiple data sources to aid decision making.

Valuable Features:

Ease of use, speed to develop and deploy solutions. The ability to quickly develop solutions is invaluable. We are managing an immense amount of data and can more quickly correlate multiple data sources to aid in our decision making. We don’t need a large team of technical staff to develop tactical solutions to support executive decisions makers, while also developing robust work queues to aid staff in prioritizing their work or improving health and outcomes of our patients.

Improvements to My Organization:

We are much more nimble in our ability to provide tactical data and deploy scalable enterprise dashboards/visualizations to staff within the organization. It has allowed non-technical staff to build solutions to aid us in our decision making or improving clinical care for patients across the enterprise.

Room for Improvement:

- More advanced capabilities to format dashboards
- More advanced data merging from multiple data sources
- More advanced management of data extracts

Use of Solution:

I have been using it for 5+ years.

Deployment Issues:

I did not encounter any deployment, stability or scalability issues.

I rate the level of technical support at medium. Staff are responsive when there’s a major technical issue, but getting answers to trivial questions are handled via forums and can take time or might not match your environment or configuration.

Previous Solutions:

Qlik and Business Objects were used previously. Tableau was selected based on feedback from staff and other peers that are using the product, as well as all of the success we have experienced within our organization. The benefits and speed to develop were key decision factors. Licensure costs was also a key factor in selecting Tableau.

Initial Setup:

Initial server setup is very easy and does not take a significant amount of technical expertise.

Implementation Team:

An in-house team implemented it so we could gain expertise in configuration and how to perform upgrades.

ROI:

ROI is not easy to quantify at this point, but we have gained efficiency through some initial self-serve data and faster time to discover.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

Licensing can be expensive, so it’s best to determine scope and implementation plan.

Other Advice:

Utilize the trial version and test out functionality of the product. It’s very easy to get started and as you gain proficiency, you will want to learn more and develop more advanced solutions.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Tableau?

Our experts can help. 221,808 professionals have used our research on 5,660 solutions.