What is most valuable?
- The ability to connect to different sources of data like SQL, Excel, etc. makes Tableau a very smart tool for data visualization.
- The way it incorporates user-level data with geographic mapping really helps in building strategy at the top-most level.
- Sharing dashboards among the team is extremely hassle free and also the data being up to date makes management extremely happy.
How has it helped my organization?
All-important, high-level metrics are at the fingertips of top management, which makes decision making less painful and more data oriented.
All employees have access to real-time data, which makes customer management a nuanced affair, because of which there is stark reduction in errors.
What needs improvement?
- Better dashboard creation
- Ease of making reports
For how long have I used the solution?
I have used it for two years.
What was my experience with deployment of the solution?
Once the reports are created, there are no issues at all. The only problem is the speed of loading data. For huge data sets, it takes a lot of time to load data. With Google' Data Studio coming out, they might want to improve this aspect of the tool.
How are customer service and technical support?
Service is excellent and their support staff are very quick to answer any queries.
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
We did not evaluate any other solutions. We only worked with Tableau, as it was industry ready.
How was the initial setup?
It is a pretty straightforward setup, as described on their website. If you follow those instructions correctly, there wouldn't be any problem.
What about the implementation team?
- We did it in-house, as it helped us streamline things and rolling out required dashboards faster and more accurately.
- A team of two with basic tech background is more than enough to start off with.
- The learning curve is very flat, so within a month, resources can be ready to roll out reports.
What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and licensing?
Their price is as per industry standard and any company in analytics business will be comfortable with the pricing plans.