Itmwdql1 400x400

Tableau Review

Valuable Features:

There are many features which I can speak about, but its overall ease with which you can analyze your data within a couple of clicks is an outstanding feature. Also, the stunning visualization with lots of statistical options, makes it a valuable product.

Improvements to My Organization:

When we started with Tableau, it was basically used for converting existing Excel reports. But later on, after exploring the features and with latest releases, it had a greater impact on the way we interact with the data. We were able to connect the data from different source of data together. We were able to relate the defects, quality and cost aspects of the products of our company from different regions in a much more efficient way. The visualizations gave a better picture of the current state of affairs and we got an idea of what needs to be improved in the line of business. Now, Tableau has become an integral part of our organization for any analytical solution.

Room for Improvement:

Tableau comes out with one major release every year and minor releases frequently, which is very good. Also, most of the changes are done based on the ideas posted on the community, which means it listens to the user base to come up with the changes, which is phenomenal.

As far as the changes I would like to see, they could improve performance with respect to big data connections and cube data sources. Many users in my organization feel that Tableau is great with RDBMS, but with Hadoop or cube data sources, the performance is not so great.

Use of Solution:

I have been using Tableau for nearly four years for the majority of my reporting and analytical solutions.

Deployment Issues:

We did not face any issues with deployment, stability or scalability. The deployment was simple and we have not faced any issues until now.

I would rate customer service and technical support as 9/10, excellent. The turnaround time for any issue is very good.

Initial Setup:

The initial setup was straightforward. The only thing you have to check is for hardware compatibility. The rest is very simple, with just a click of a button.

Implementation Team:

As implementation is simple, we preferred an in-house team. But you will get assistance from a vendor team if required.

ROI:

ROI depends on how effectively you utilize the tool and explore the data.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

Pricing of the tool would be expensive for any small organization. I would suggest sitting with the vendor's relationship manager to discuss your strategy and the pricing model you’re looking for.

Other Solutions Considered:

We explored other tools such as QlikView and Pentaho, but Tableau stood out in terms of its ease of use, great visualizations and simplicity. We already had an ETL solution in place, so Tableau complemented it well for our use cases.

Other Advice:

Tableau is more than a reporting tool; it has the analytical capabilities which need to be explored efficiently to get the best out of the tool. If you just want to replicate an Excel report, it would not help much in terms of ROI.

Tableau is a very good analytical reporting solution. It is improving its features with every release.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Tableau?

Our experts can help. 213,655 professionals have used our research on 5,586 solutions.