Itmwdql1 400x400

Tableau Review
Selecting an option in one widget automatically filters the other widgets in a dashboard.

Valuable Features:

• Easy to connect to random sources of info. In my case, to MySQL + Google Analytics + an Excel file with Facebook Insights in one case, and another MySQL + PostgreSQL in another case.
  • Easy to build with drag & drop even for a rookie like me.
  • Fancy graphics in the end result. This is important when I use it during a demo in front of potential customers.
  • Interactive filters. A selected option in one widget can filter automatically the other widgets that are used in a dashboard. This is awesome!
  • A wide range of customisations.

Improvements to My Organization:

In less than 3-4 hours, I started from a pure installation on my Mac and succeeded in investigating a trip of a vehicle recorded in our records and had created a visualisation of that trip on a map.

That was used to prove a hypothesis that we can find answers to various questions about our vehicles without needing to wait for developers to handle the custom specific case.

Room for Improvement:

I need to be able to combine in a worksheet from different sources because the insights could be much more powerful. It is possible that the product can do this now, but it was not easily found.

An option to interrupt the process of loading of external data (like from Google Analytics) would be helpful. A few times, I had issues with interruption of the initial data loading process, when it took longer than the expected.

Use of Solution:

I have been using it for a month.

Previous Solutions:

I did not previously use a different solution. This is my first time with this. I did a lot of research into the final result of my BI work.

Initial Setup:

Initial setup was pretty straightforward!

Implementation Team:

It was an in-house implementation. Pretty easy.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

If the price was cheaper, then my rating could have been a perfect 10 ;)

Other Advice:

If you are looking regularly for answers that are hidden inside your data - like 3-4 times in a week - then it is undoubtedly more valuable to take a shot with a BI solution (even if you don’t use Tableau). The speed; the deadlock dependency on your R&D resources leads to a loss of time. Tableau gave me the freedom to experiment with the hypothesis that I had.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Tableau?

Our experts can help. 222,350 professionals have used our research on 5,674 solutions.