Itmwdql1 400x400

Tableau Review
Easy to use and does not require IT skills.

Valuable Features:

Tableau Desktop - The product is easy to use, and does not require IT skills. I can create dashboards and connect to databases very easy and quickly.

Improvements to My Organization:

We experienced an 80% reduction in the amount of time it takes to prepare reports and dashboards using Tableau. Before that, we had to use Excel spreadsheets and that consumed a lot of time to prepare data monthly. In addition, there was a problem related to the amount of lines in Excel that are not enough for our database.

Room for Improvement:

I’d like to see a better ETL preparation engine.

Use of Solution:

I have been using Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server for four years.

Deployment Issues:

The product is very stable and ease to deploy. We can deploy an enterprise solution in two days.

Technical support is very helpful and provide quick answers. In addition, their technical support is in many languages, which is very helpful when you face some issues.

Previous Solutions:

I previously used QlikView and MicroStrategy, and they are not as friendly as Tableau for the end user. If you do not have IT skills, you probably will be stuck with a basic level of visualization.

Initial Setup:

For simple and more complex setups, it is easy to set up the product without too many issues.

Implementation Team:

If you want to start with Tableau Desktop, you can choose an in-house implementation, but if you are going to set up an enterprise solution, my advice is to use a vendor team to support your implementation. It will be faster.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

The pricing and licensing model is very simple. There is one price for Tableau Desktop and two types of enterprise prices. You always know which price you are going to pay.

Other Advice:

If you have a lot of databases to bring together, you might experience some ETL issues. But in the next release, version 10, the product will have a cross-join database, and that will help a lot to bring in many datasources.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Partners

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Tableau?

Our experts can help. 222,350 professionals have used our research on 5,674 solutions.