Itmwdql1 400x400

Tableau Review
The most valuable feature of Tableau is the possibility to provide an overall view of the analysis done and let the users get the visualization the way they need/want.

Valuable Features

Another valuable thing about using Tableau is that you just need to create the dashboard once. Any type of data update is done automatically.

It is also possible to combine many different types of data sources on a single data connection.

Improvements to My Organization

When I started using Tableau, one report that provided customer perception feedback involved a lot of manual effort, and every single month the historical number changed. Using an automatic way to analyze and provide the results increased accuracy to about 98% and reduced 99% of the rework.

Room for Improvement

There is still room to improve visualization when more than two dimensions are synchronized. Sometimes when you need to use more than one measurement from 2 different data sources, you won't be able to show the values.

Also it would be nice if it was possible to have more than one type of maks used on a single sheet, e.g. use trafic light together with text.

Use of Solution

I have used it for about five years.

I did not really encounter any deployment, stability or scalability issues. There is a whole support team inside the company to solve these type of issues.

Every time I needed support directly from Tableu, their response took less than four hours to contact me back with an initial solution to my problem.

I get the first draft of our dashboards already done. Because it is a really friendly user tool, it didn't take too long for me to start developing my dashboards. Of course, after a while, I developed my skills and it became even easier.

ROI

I can say that it took about six months for Tableau to payback the investment done just by the fact that it reduced 99% of the rework for a single report.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

If you are a student Tableau provides a 1 year license for desktop version. You can also publish your work on Tableau Public.

Other Advice

I strongly recommend using the trial version of Tableau before buy it. If you are not the type of person that is familiar with programming scripts, this is the perfect tool. It is really simple to create the first views, even though it will take a while to understand how some of the details work. Watching the tutorial videos helps too.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Tableau?

Our experts can help. 242,522 professionals have used our research on 5,991 solutions.