Itmwdql1 400x400

Tableau Review
Workbooks are easy to export and share without additional cost.

Valuable Features:

• Flexibility: It's able to connect to any data source.
  • Reliability: So far, no major issue seen with the tool. It never crashes, even with huge amounts of data to handle.
  • Easy to use: I can create and modify dashboards, workbook or stories easily
  • Easy to share: Even without the online version, workbooks are easy to export and share without any additional cost.
  • Easy to maintain: Once the workbooks are set up, updating them is quick and easy.

Improvements to My Organization:

• More data-driven decisions. Thanks to its way of presenting data and its ability to handle a huge amount of data, it helps the organization see data in a different, and more visual, way.
  • Reduction of non-value-added tasks due to maintenance.
  • Possibility of sending out new customized reports in a quick and reliable way, so specific issues can be addressed.

Room for Improvement:

• Improved predictive analytics. This part is still a bit missing and it'd be useful for the companies.
  • More advanced built-in statistical tools. Still a bit rough on defining trends.
  • More flexible "storyboard" worksheet implementation. For instance, having a summary where you can define the filters and worksheets in the storyboard, without having to define it sheet by sheet.
  • More easily customizable fonts and formatting. Today, it still requires some time. It would be great to implement a "copy format" function.

Use of Solution:

I have used it for two-and-a-half years.

Deployment Issues:

So far, I have not encountered any deployment, stability or scalability issues.

Some consultants are keeping track of us and I would say they are doing a good job. Technical support through Tableau’s online forum might not be sufficient sometimes but somehow, I've always managed to overcome issues without calling support.

Initial Setup:

Initial setup was straightforward; no issues.

Implementation Team:

In-house implementation; the process is smooth and easy.

ROI:

ROI is difficult to calculate.

Other Solutions Considered:

We evaluated Lumira and QlikView. Tableau is more flexible and reliable, and it has no additional cost for sharing reports.

Other Advice:

It's a great visualization tool, but not only that: It simplifies implementing new reports and maintaining them, combining a great way of looking at data with flexibility never seen in other tools.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Tableau?

Our experts can help. 234,133 professionals have used our research on 5,903 solutions.