Itmwdql1 400x400

Tableau Review

Valuable Features:

The drag and drop feature that provides self-service analytics with absolutely no coding is the most important feature. It’s pretty strong in geo-spatial analysis as well.

Improvements to My Organization:

We are a services vendor for this product and our team have grown over 300% in just one year just providing support for this product, among others.

Room for Improvement:

While they continue to make a lot of changes for every version, in the current BI landscape, they need to be more device agnostic, especially to compete with other similar products in the market.

Use of Solution:

I have been using this product for more than three years now. I started with version 8.0. I have been through 8.1, 8.2, 8.3 and then to 9.0, 9.1, 9.2 and 9.3.

Scalability Issues:

With data exploding exponentially, handling huge data that runs into billions of records is still a concern at an enterprise level. Organizations will also have to understand the right use cases, but then affordability would come into picture, where organizations do not want to invest on different tools. They try to make best use of the available tools.

The customer service has been great from Tableau. They also have different categories defined for premium service.

Initial Setup:

The installation and configuration of Tableau consists of just a few clicks. I don't think it can get better than that.

Implementation Team:

The implementation has been done in-house. In fact, as service providers we implement for others. Once the requirement is frozen and architecture has been decided, implementation is fairly easy and straightforward.

ROI:

The ROI is immediate.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

The price-war has already begun among competing tools. However, I still believe Tableau is fairly priced and there are multiple options.

Other Solutions Considered:

The team I am part of works on different tools, not just Tableau. The tools are chosen based on the use case. Tableau is not the best choice for traditional reporting, which are still in demand.

Other Advice:

Use this tool with the right use cases. Use your creativity to build dashboards. It’s a great tool for data discovery.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are Global SI Partners with Tableau.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Tableau?

Our experts can help. 208,781 professionals have used our research on 5,553 solutions.