Itmwdql1 400x400

Tableau Review
It enabled a small organization to employ a state-of-art reporting tool without massive IT implementation cost.

Valuable Features:

• Table joins
  • Formulas
  • Visualization
  • Dashboard

Improvements to My Organization:

I used this product to provide reporting and analysis solutions to my clients. It enabled a small organization to employ a state-of-art reporting tool without massive IT implementation cost (such as servers, ETLs, data admin, etc.). Utilize only basic Excel tables as the data input (5-6 Excel tables), my clients can visualize their quarterly reporting in one reporting package and share with their colleagues.

Room for Improvement:

I would say they could improve the data blending within the desktop version. Ideally, it is better to be done on the server, but for small businesses (or company divisions), the server is not an option due to cost.

For the China market, I would encourage them to offer a license below $1,000 per year.

Use of Solution:

I used it for six months.

Deployment Issues:

I developed the dashboard / storyboard for just one user, so I had no issues at all, except the limitation on the table join side.

I did not utilize the tech support on my desktop deployment.

Previous Solutions:

I previously used MicroStrategy. I chose Tableau for three reasons:

• Powerful functionality
  • User-friendly interface
  • Great community

Initial Setup:

The desktop version is easy to setup.

Implementation Team:

I implemented it by myself.

Other Advice:

On the desktop version, use the community forum wisely; you will be able to find enough support for 99% of your challenges.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Tableau?

Our experts can help. 213,954 professionals have used our research on 5,586 solutions.