Itmwdql1 400x400

Tableau Review
It provides beautiful visualizations, and it is easy to learn and use.

Valuable Features:

• Ability to read multiple data sources
  • Beautiful visualizations#
  • Easy to learn and use

Room for Improvement:

Tableau does an excellent job upgrading the software with each release. One thing we have been waiting for is the ability to import an ArcGIS Shapefile into a custom map. There is a workaround using a third-party utility but it is unstable.

Use of Solution:

I have used it for more than three years.

Deployment Issues:

I have not encountered any deployment, stability or scalability issues.

Installation was a cakewalk. Over the last three years, there have been at least eight upgrades and three major releases; all upgraded without incident. Our Tableau Server has been running continuously for over three years. We have had two separate up scales; both were successful.

I rate the level of customer service and technical support 10/10. I’ve been working with vendors for over 25 years. No one else comes close.

Previous Solutions:

While we use several BI tools, this was the first visualizations platform we purchased.

Initial Setup:

Initial setup was very straightforward.

Implementation Team:

We implemented it ourselves. It was very easy.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

Pricing/licensing comes in two methods; named users and core licensing. We started with named user accounts, buying only what we needed when we needed it. As demand for the platform grew, we upscaled to core licensing. That approach was practical for us.

Other Solutions Considered:

Prior to purchase, we did evaluate several other vendors. We choose Tableau based on Gartner research, deployments at peer institutions and finally, price.

Other Advice:

Start now, start small and grow. This isn’t like your traditional BI platform, where you have to spend years designing the infrastructure before the first report comes out.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Tableau?

Our experts can help. 222,350 professionals have used our research on 5,674 solutions.