Itmwdql1 400x400

Tableau Review
It has good community support and useful training videos.

Valuable Features:

• Very easy and fast to build dashboards, compared to many other BI tools
  • Has connectivity options to various data sources
  • Good community support and very useful free training videos

Improvements to My Organization:

Clients are pleased with the beautiful and interactive dashboards. They are also happy with the noticeable shortening in time to production.

Room for Improvement:

If it had a semantic layer, it would be great. I know Tableau is not meant for data modeling but the data warehouse is not always perfect. Without a semantic layer, we need to reach out to the ETL team for even small data model changes.

Also, a semantic layer would have allowed for building 'subject areas' by grouping tables and defining joins. This would then allow users with appropriate permissions to build ad-hoc reports without having to worry about table joins.

Use of Solution:

I have used it for 1.5 years.

Deployment Issues:

We did not have any issues with deployment, stability and scalability. We deployed Tableau Server in the AWS cloud.

We have contacted customer support few times and the support team always came back with solutions / work-arounds promptly. So, customer service and technical support is good.

Previous Solutions:

We evaluated a few other solutions, but we chose Tableau because of the speed with which we can build reports, the simple deployment (cloud), easy scalability and the cost factor.

Initial Setup:

Initial setup was straightforward and in fact very simple.

Implementation Team:

An in-house team implemented it, but we went for AWS cloud-based deployment, which was not complex.

Other Advice:

Try the trial versions and explore all of the features before going in; it is very useful. Also, the training videos on their website are good.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Tableau?

Our experts can help. 213,824 professionals have used our research on 5,586 solutions.