Itmwdql1 400x400

Tableau Review
It is easier to communicate ideas to people who are more visual in their thinking. It over-uses custom calculations to do simple format and other changes.

Valuable Features

• Ease of creating visually appealing charts and dashboards
  • Large user community

Improvements to My Organization

It is easier to communicate ideas to people in marketing who are more visual in their thinking.

Room for Improvement

It over-uses custom calculations to do simple format and other changes. This is time consuming, compared to the actual chart making and holds up the enjoyable process of data discovery.

Use of Solution

I have been using it for 18 months.

Obviously, it is not very scalable with large data sets. Hence, it becomes slow and clunky when large data sets are introduced.

7 out of 10. They are helpful but SLAs can be better.

I rate the level of customer service and technical support 7/10.

Qliktech. We switched because the licensing strategy they used was not useful. It was a per dashboard license which means that if we develop several different dasbhoards the solution was becoming too expensive.

Set up is intuitive and instructions on using it are adequate.

Implementation Team

An in-house team implemented it. I have no special advice.

ROI

At the moment, we have not worked out ROI; it is definitely more productive than using Excel.

Other Solutions Considered

Tableau is more GUI based and intuitive. I don't like to code and this does away with a lot of what its competitors force you to do.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Tableau?

Our experts can help. 242,593 professionals have used our research on 5,991 solutions.