Itmwdql1 400x400

Tableau Review
We were able to shorten the delivery of data visualization and analysis projects.

Valuable Features:

• Ease of use
  • Efficiency
  • Integration with sources
  • Amazing way to view your data

Improvements to My Organization:

Data visualization and analysis used to take much longer; we were able to shorten the delivery of the projects by 60%.

Room for Improvement:

I would like to see improvement in licensing. It is expensive to provide licenses beyond the 10 we already have.

Use of Solution:

I have been using it for four years.

Deployment Issues:

Our deployment issues are related to cost.

Stability Issues:

No, very stable product

Scalability Issues:

Yes. licensing costs are an issue

Technical support is 9/10.

Previous Solutions:

We didn’t have a data vis solution beyond Excel and MSRS before. I used Spotfire in my business school work.

Initial Setup:

Initial setup was straightforward. I created a data mart, plugged in Tableau and started creating dashboards.

Implementation Team:

A vendor team implemented it. Implementation was pretty straightforward – but our data was cleaned and well thought through. I would say, 80% of time should be spent on designing your data mart (if that’s the route you are taking) with clean data and valid data sources.

ROI:

We haven’t calculated ROI, but we know that we shortened the delivery timeline by 60%.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

Make sure you plan it into the 5 year plan - how many licenses you will need, etc.

Other Solutions Considered:

When time came to select a tool for my work, I did thorough research. I downloaded trial versions of both products and selected Tableau based on my user experience and the ratings (Gartner quadrant).

Other Advice:

Beware of licensing costs, but it shouldn’t deter anyone from using this product. Even if you just use Tableau desktop to provide static data vis’s, it’s worth it.

0 Comments