Itmwdql1 400x400

Tableau Review
We were able to shorten the delivery of data visualization and analysis projects.

Valuable Features

• Ease of use
  • Efficiency
  • Integration with sources
  • Amazing way to view your data

Improvements to My Organization

Data visualization and analysis used to take much longer; we were able to shorten the delivery of the projects by 60%.

Room for Improvement

I would like to see improvement in licensing. It is expensive to provide licenses beyond the 10 we already have.

Use of Solution

I have been using it for four years.

Our deployment issues are related to cost.

No, very stable product

Yes. licensing costs are an issue

Technical support is 9/10.

We didn’t have a data vis solution beyond Excel and MSRS before. I used Spotfire in my business school work.

Initial setup was straightforward. I created a data mart, plugged in Tableau and started creating dashboards.

Implementation Team

A vendor team implemented it. Implementation was pretty straightforward – but our data was cleaned and well thought through. I would say, 80% of time should be spent on designing your data mart (if that’s the route you are taking) with clean data and valid data sources.

ROI

We haven’t calculated ROI, but we know that we shortened the delivery timeline by 60%.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Make sure you plan it into the 5 year plan - how many licenses you will need, etc.

Other Solutions Considered

When time came to select a tool for my work, I did thorough research. I downloaded trial versions of both products and selected Tableau based on my user experience and the ratings (Gartner quadrant).

Other Advice

Beware of licensing costs, but it shouldn’t deter anyone from using this product. Even if you just use Tableau desktop to provide static data vis’s, it’s worth it.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Tableau?

Our experts can help. 242,522 professionals have used our research on 5,991 solutions.