Itmwdql1 400x400

Tableau Review
You can drag and drop dimensions and measures in the view.

Valuable Features:

The most valuable feature in Tableau Desktop developer version is the drag and drop feature of dimensions & measures in the view. Parameters and action filters are also great.

Improvements to My Organization:

Me and my team work extensively on geo-spatial data, wherein we are supposed to deal with shape files and state/city/pincode boundaries. Tableau also provides a feature to make custom geographic shapes, which helped us in delivering a wide range of solutions.

Room for Improvement:

I would love to see dynamic parameter values & radial distance recognition on other WMS maps.

Use of Solution:

I have been using Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server for four years now.

Deployment Issues:

I have not encountered any deployment issues. Deployment is really easy and simple until and unless you get your hands on the Server-Worker Configuration setup. That is a bit tricky.

Stability Issues:

It is super stable. No issues whatsoever.

Scalability Issues:

I have not encountered any scalability issues.

Previous Solutions:

I used QlikView but switched; the UI was not that great.

Initial Setup:

Initial setup was straightforward.

Implementation Team:

I implemented Tableau Desktop & Server all by myself in my organisation.

ROI:

ROI shows when you hear 'Wow' from your clients every time you deliver a dashboard or a report. They always come back with new projects and greater expectations.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

The price is perfect, as the ROI is superb.

Other Solutions Considered:

Before choosing this product, I did not evaluate other options.

2 visitors found this review helpful
2b4a8755 6117 440e add8 f06d680c331d avatar?1437562479D434d117 dbb1 4e8e 86bf 03a80c920a99 avatar?1449869992

1 Comment

Chris sault li?1422992622

No disrespect intended, but total waste of your time comparing QlikView to Tableau. I recommend that you do your homework next time and review Qlik Sense along side Tableau.

Like (1)26 October 16