Tableau Review

Easy to use, very stable

What is most valuable?

• Easier to use

What needs improvement?

• Consultant engagement
  • Margin analysis
  • Project break-even point (analysis of the project)
  • SLE of projects

Tableau's very stable.

So far, so good.

There are two faces of Tableau. One face is Tableau partners. They are very few, and Tableau was only a subsidiary with no support and no representative in Brazil. Now they are represented.

Really, there aren't many problems with Tableau.

ClickView. ClickView seemed easy to use, very simple, but it could not support the whole company. It couldn't be scaled.

We looked at Oracle BI. It seems that it's very easy to use, very competitive against Tableau, and it's a little bit cheaper. It seems that we have a competitive advantage going with Oracle.

Oracle in the past had OBIEE that was hard to use, very expensive, and modeling was hard. Changing the modeling was difficult. We decided not to go with Oracle at that time. Now it's cloud-based, the TCO is very cheap. But we had already gone with Tableau.

What other advice do I have?

We only it for the financial side of the company. We don't use it on other projects, for example, the production side, the IT of the company. Only for financial. I would say that the result is we have a lack of users, it's only part of company; we don't have a whole view of the business.