Itmwdql1 400x400

Tableau Review
It is intuitive. Tech-savvy business people can run with it.

Valuable Features:

Various features are valuable. It is intuitive; Tableau have been investing and releasing regularly. A tech-savvy business person can run with Tableau if they have a decent DWH and engineer supporting it. Access rights can quickly get out of hand, but with Tableau's UI and a tech-savvy business person committed to using the product, they can take charge and not have to rely on the tech team.

Improvements to My Organization:

It is helping to make Makerbot a data-driven company.

Room for Improvement:

A simple mode for new/occasional users might be helpful. Occasional users will always have trouble coping with such a feature-rich product. Unless you are using it every day, and it is crucial for at least part of your job, the learning curve never flattens out. A simpler "mode" which removes many of the more complex features or just hides them in tool "ribbons" might present a less-daunting interface to aid adoption by the vast majority of users.

Use of Solution:

I have used it for four years (released ~5-10 years ago).

Deployment Issues:

I have not encountered any deployment issues.

Stability Issues:

I have not encountered any stability issues.

Scalability Issues:

I have not encountered any scalability issues.

Customer service is good.

Technical support is good.

Previous Solutions:

Domo: inflexible due to lack of expertise and confusing with blurred demarcation between DWH, ETL and BI layers.

Initial Setup:

Initial setup was straightforward.

Implementation Team:

I implemented it myself.

ROI:

We achieved ROI in <1 year.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

Don't buy licenses until there is actual demand - buy a couple of full desktops and a couple of cloud licenses and grow from there ONLY when you have tables/reports/dashboards for users.

Other Solutions Considered:

We also evaluated Domo and QlikView.

Other Advice:

Start ASAP with a tiny cohort of hungry users; let them drive it.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Tableau?

Our experts can help. 209,107 professionals have used our research on 5,560 solutions.