Tableau Review

Provides Many Alternatives For Presenting And Understanding A Business​

What is most valuable?

Fluent expressions are beautiful. It provides many alternatives to present and understand business.

How has it helped my organization?

I have been in many project manager roles in BI system development, and I have experience with most BI tools during the last 20 years. In most cases, I had to use web development to cover areas the BI tools couldn't handle. But Tableau can solve most of my customers' requests with fluent alternatives.

What needs improvement?

All area where business insight is needed. Also, I would like to see improvement in server capacities.

Two years.

Excellent. When I or my customers had questions, Tableau customer support addressed the issues quickly, and in the local Korean language.

I have experience with other BI solutions, but all of them had many limitations with respect to all my customers' requests. But Tableau is able to handle them.

Very simple and easy.

Tableau is very good as a starting point for a BI system and environment with relatively low cost. But it's not easy to expand to enterprise level because there is no discount pricing strategy.

Some customers choose Tableau for small systems, but they choose other solutions for enterprise requirements, to reduce costs, even though they know Tableau is a better product.

What other advice do I have?

It's very easy and an excellent solution. Even though this solution is, in my opinion, the best BI solution in the world, they are continuously developing their product, improving with every upgrade (and even with the minor upgrades).