Tableau Review

Brings clarity in business opportunities through graphs, parameters, and filters

What is most valuable?

Visualization and storytelling.

How has it helped my organization?

• Integrity of KPIs and business data with connection to more than one database.
  • Clarity in business opportunities (through proper graphics, parameters, filters, etc.).

What needs improvement?

Sometimes, when the KPIs or metrics are kind of complex, Tableau could slowdown in the timing of the process and respond (clicks).

Six months.

if you don't have specific/professional skills in database architecture, you may face trouble regarding this.

Medium. Some space for improvement.

Yes, QlikView.

Kind of complex, because the amount of data we currently manage in our company is very big. We also work with a DWH that was not properly designed to serve as source of data to a BI platform, so we have to do a lot of arrangements in our DB, tables structure, and connections.

To be careful about the specific functions and capabilities between the different license options (Server, Online, etc.). The price could be very different, so will the functional options, too.

Yes, OBIE.

What other advice do I have?

To be very clear about the expectations of the BI Project, to work in a very deep and detailed way regarding the PMO, and to clearly identify the key users and sponsors.