Tableau Review

A very straightforward setup, but limited extract functionality

What is most valuable?

Tableau's strength is visualization. If a report/dashboard is presented in visualization, the end user can easily connect with the data compared to a tabular format.

How has it helped my organization?

We created a dashboard that displays booking and shipping orders with month-to-date rolling. Executives get a better understanding of the organization as soon as they open this dashboard everyday.

What needs improvement?

There is lot of improvement needed on Tableau extracts. Right now, Tableau doesn't support updating extracts with only changed records. We are doing full extracts everyday, which is utilizing a lot of resources.

More than two years.

We are limited with the Tableau extract functionality, which is causing an overburden on resources.

Technical support is very helpful and prompt on their service, a very knowledgeable support team.

Follow the documentation provided. It is a very straightforward setup.

If the user base is huge, try getting enterprise level licenses. If not, you can get desktop licenses for power users.

Evaluated a few options: QlickView and OBIEE.

What other advice do I have?

First try a proof of concept with one data set using Tableau. Present it to the user community. Try to work with an implementation partner. Training is essential for power users.

1 visitor found this review helpful